Most are in early October, all via Zoom originally but replayable
WHATCOM — It’s been hard this election season for local voters and candidates to meet and mingle while dealing with COVID-19 and more. In any case, ballots will be mailed out to voters by Oct. 16 for their decisions.
To help voters gather information to inform their decisions, the League of Women Voters of Bellingham/Whatcom County will hold its annual candidate forums via Zoom accessible on a phone or computer. Links for all the forums, as well as other options for access, can be found at the League of Women Voters website https://www.lwvbellinghamwhatcom.org/.
Also find there how to submit a question in advance, how to listen via dial-up phone, and schedules for re-play on cable access and local radio up to election day Nov. 3.
This is the live forum schedule:
• Wednesday, Sept. 30, from 6:30 to 9 p.m.: 40th Legislative District House and Senate.
• Thursday, Oct. 1, from 6:30 to 9 p.m.: Whatcom County Superior Court Judge Positions 2 and 4.
• Wednesday, Oct. 7, from 6:30 to 9 p.m.: 42nd Legislative District House Positions 1 and 2.
• Thursday, Oct. 8, from 6:30 to 9 p.m.: U.S. Congress, District 1.
• Saturday, Oct. 10, from 9:30 a.m. to noon: U.S. Congress, District 2, and Whatcom County Public Utility District Commissioner.
The Northern Light and the Lynden Tribune newspapers are media sponsors. Forum recordings are made possible by Robert B. Clark of Western Washington University, with BTV Bellingham providing broadcast support.
For more information about these forums, see the League of Women Voters website, lwvbellinghamwhatcom.org, or call 360-734-2366.