This year’s three honorees reside in north Whatcom
WHATCOM — Early kickoff promotions of the 2019 Jingle Bell Run will take place in Lynden and Ferndale very soon.
The actual fun-filled 5K walk/run that raises money for the Arthritis Foundation isn’t until Dec. 14, starting from Bellingham High School on a circuit in the downtown. But promotion is already now.
Lynden resident Julie Kroontje said the ambitious goal this year is to top $200,000 raised for the first time.
Kickoff events are:
- at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 12, in Lynden’s Dutch Mothers Restaurant downstairs meeting room (handicapped access from alley), 405 Front St. Muffins, coffee and hot chocolate will be provided.
- at 6 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 15, “happy hour” in the Fringe Brewery, 5640 Third Ave., Ferndale. The first 40 attendees (21 and over) will receive a free pint of Fringe beer; this venue is family-friendly.
Especially Jingle Bell Run team captains are invited to attend these kickoffs, although whole teams can show up too.
2018 Jingle Bell Run successes will be celebrated, some of the 2019 honorees will be present to tell their stories, and raffle prizes will be given out. Mingle with others, get ideas and be enthused for the run.
The three Jingle Bell Run honorees this year are:
- Lynne Barrios, adult, of Blaine, psoriatic arthritis.
- Chelsea O’Larey, adult, of Ferndale, rheumatoid arthritis.
- Kate Krieg, youth, of Sumas, juvenile arthritis.
With any questions call to 360-939-3543 or email to email@example.com.