BELLINGHAM — Drive-through COVID-19 testing is again set for the Civic Field Stadium parking lot, taking place Friday and Saturday, July 17-18, from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Anyone can get tested, without appointment, during this pilot. To participate, enter the Civic Athletic Complex on Puget Street via Fraser Street. Expect a line-up. You will be instructed where to drive. Do not leave your vehicle, and follow all instructions at the site to ensure the safety of workers, volunteers and others seeking testing.
• No public restrooms are available at the site.
• Lines will be long, possibly up to two to three hours. To make sure you can get tested, plan to arrive by 1:30 p.m. to get a spot in line.
• Do not bring pets. Pets cannot be tested and may be disruptive during the sample collection.
Individuals seeking testing should bring personal identification and their insurance card if they have one. People without insurance will also be tested, and the cost will be covered by a Health Resources and Services Administration program. Individuals who do not have a form of identification will also be tested. Personal information is collected only for the purpose of communicating with individuals about their test results.
Test results will be available within 72 hours of the test. Those who test positive will be notified by a phone call; those who test negative will receive a text message.
The testing site is staffed by WCHD employees, other county and City of Bellingham employees, and volunteers organized through Whatcom Unified Command. Medically trained volunteers from the Medical Reserve Corps will assist with testing processes, with additional WUC volunteers performing other essential duties.
Follow along on the Whatcom County Health Department and Whatcom Unified Command Facebook pages to stay updated on testing site information on Friday and Saturday.
- Jason Lee preparing for the Ivy League
- ‘Micro-grant’ help coming to businesses and nonprofits
- Cedar Drive proposal set for Aug. 26-27 hearing, maybe
- Edaleen sales down 65% at border stores
- Nugents Corner Market & Hardware opens
- Pump track built and open at Bender Fields
- YMCA pulls out of Lynden
- A 10-day fair?