WHATCOM — Boy Scouts Troop 4028 will do Christmas tree pick-up within Lynden city limits on Saturday, Jan. 9, 2021.
The hours will be from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. that day, with six trucks and trailers “cruising around Lynden” looking for trees set out at curbside, said Scott Duffey, troop committee chair.
The trees will be brought to Green Earth Technology to be chipped into compost.
At each pick-up point, as possible, an envelope will be left at a door or mailbox for making a donation to the Boy Scouts for summer camp and other of their adventures. Troop 4028 has about 24 boys.
The whole Mount Baker Council is participating in this community service project, so Ferndale, Bellingham and Blaine will have Christmas tree pick-up on the same day, Duffey said.
- Flood of calls to healthcare providers — please do not phone in!
- PeaceHealth: Do not phone in about getting a vaccine
- KWPZ’s Jim Bouma passes unexpectedly
- WIAA sets start dates for spring and winter sports
- A Syre family art exhibition
- Second round of PPP begins
- Whatcom Reads theme programs kicking off
- Two candidates for Conservation District board positions named