LYNDEN — Cathi LeCocq, just retired as manager of the Lynden Senior/Community Center, will make volunteering at an upcoming event “my last hurrah,” she said.
Picnic with a Purpose happens at the Lynden center, 401 Grover St., from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 25. It is a drive-through box lunch and resource goodie bag event in the parking lot for seniors for a suggested donation of $5, all of which goes to the local center.
“I will be volunteering that day to help out and also give me a chance to do some masked and distanced goodbyes to people as they drive up,” said LeCocq, whose last day officially on the job was Aug. 14, after 10 years in Lynden.
Picnic with a Purpose is also:
• Monday, Aug. 24, noon to 1 p.m. at the Sumas Senior Center, 461 S. Second St.
• Thursday, Aug. 27, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Ferndale Senior Activity Center,1999 Cherry St.
• Thursday, Aug. 27, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Blaine Senior Center, 763 G St.
• Friday, Aug. 28, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Bellingham Senior Activity Center, 315 Halleck St.
For more information, contact Julie at 360-733-4030 ext. 1025, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- City Council to consider Guide/Main rezone request
- Statewide office election forums online starting this week
- Four Whatcom wastewater plants called ‘outstanding’
- Brad Barron moves up in family business
- Alsum Trading Company buys 400 Front St. back in Lynden
- Schooling in the COVID era
- City Council to consider racial justice statement
- Wildfire smoke prompts air quality burn ban