LYNDEN — Thomas and Ken Alsum, owners of Alsum Trading Company, announce that they have purchased 400 Front St. in downtown Lynden to be the new home of ATC.
The site was until recently More Than Antiques. Owner Ray DeBoer is retiring and had a liquidation sale going in August.
The inside of this big building will be updated with new paint, trim work, wall removal, new racks, counters and a complete cleaning. “We will be adding lighting, security system, phones and doors for better access to other areas of the store,” the Alsums say.
Upstairs will get a new look for a New, Used and Vintage Sign Gallery and more. The outside of the building will be repainted hopefully next spring.
The Alsums say to first expect a sale to remove items from both locations. The store will then be closed to let movers and decorators do their work. A grand opening is hoped for in early to mid-October.
Meanwhile, a moving sale is also going on at the current location at 210 W. Main St., Everson.
- City Council to consider Guide/Main rezone request
- Statewide office election forums online starting this week
- Four Whatcom wastewater plants called ‘outstanding’
- Brad Barron moves up in family business
- Alsum Trading Company buys 400 Front St. back in Lynden
- Schooling in the COVID era
- City Council to consider racial justice statement
- Wildfire smoke prompts air quality burn ban