WHATCOM — The Northwest Washington Fair Foundation has opened its 2020 scholarship application process for local high school students. Amounts are $500 or $1,000 to each winner.
The foundation has awarded 36 scholarships in all to Whatcom County graduates for a total of $31,000 since starting this program in 2013. The nonprofit group of local fair supporters administers the scholarship as a way of supporting local agriculture in connection with the annual Northwest Washington Fair in Lynden.
• Applicants must be a high school senior or already a full-time college, technical school or university undergraduate student intending to reenroll as a full-time student in the 2020-2021 school year.
• Applicants must use the scholarship award in an agricultural or related field of study at any accredited institution, including four-year universities/colleges, community colleges and vocational/technical schools.
• Applications are available on the Northwest Washington Fair website (www.nwwafair.com) or from local high school counseling offices.
• Applicants must mail the completed forms postmarked by April 17, 2020, to: NWWA Fair Foundation, Attn: Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 446, Lynden, WA 98264.
• Applicants are judged equally on academic transcripts, personal character references, a personal interview and a one-page essay discussing the importance of the Northwest Washington Fair to agriculture, career ambition and leadership.
The foundation’s Scholarship Committee will review applications in April, conduct interviews with finalists and make awards by May 29, 2020.
For more information, contact Ed Roddy at 360-815-7562 or email@example.com.