BELLINGHAM — In response to the closure of skilled-nursing and assisted-living facilities across Washington state, Rep. Luanne Van Werven, R-Lynden, will host a Whatcom County roundtable on the issue.
It will be from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Monday, Jan. 6, in the main dining room of the Avamere/St. Francis facility, 3121 Squalicum Parkway.
This is meant to be an opportunity to look at key issues impacting skilled-nursing and assisted-living facilities as well as potential solutions. The goal, Van Werven said, is to gain ideas that can be taken to Olympia.
For more information about this event, contact Van Werven’s legislative office at Luanne.VanWerven@leg.wa.gov or 360-786-7980.
- Schools plan for uncertain future
- PeaceHealth cardiac care programs earn accolade
- Cathi LeCocq retiring from senior center
- Drive-through testing at Civic Field too costly to continue
- Each tribe gets $380,000-plus from the state in COVID fight
- Two join BTC trustees board
- Lynden Wells Fargo branch closing Sept. 30
- Three Whatcom students admitted to military schools