Wednesday, Nov. 7
• Lynden Historic Preservation Commission, Lynden Pioneer Museum, 217 Front St., 8 a.m.
• Lynden City Council Public Works Committee, second-floor conference room, City Hall, 300 Fourth St., 4:15 p.m.
• Whatcom County Council, council chambers, County Courthouse, 311 Grand Ave., Bellingham, 7 p.m. (a day later than normal due to the election)
Thursday, Nov. 8
• Commissioners of Whatcom County Fire District 1, Station 81, 101 E. Main St., Everson, 9 a.m.
• Commissioners of Birch Bay Water & Sewer District, district offices, 7096 Point Whitehorn Rd., Blaine, 4:30 p.m.
• Mount Baker School Board, district offices, 4956 Deming Rd., Deming, 6 p.m.
• Lynden School Board, high school library, 1201 Bradley Rd., Lynden, 6:30 p.m. The district planning committee will give an update.
• Whatcom County Planning Commission, Planning and Development Services Northwest Annex, 5280 Northwest Dr., Bellingham, 6:30 p.m. County code amendments will be considered.
• Lynden Planning Commission, City Hall Annex, 205 Fourth St., 7:30 p.m. A public hearing will be on the city’s application for a substantial shoreline development permit to put in an emergency backup generator for a sewage pump station at Depot Road and Fishtrap Creek. Also, Pepin Creek Subarea zoning standards will continue to be discussed.
Monday, Nov. 12
Public offices are closed for the Veterans Day holiday.
• Directors of Laurel Watershed Improvement District, Ag Central, 204 Hawley St., Lynden, 10 a.m.
• Directors of Bertrand Watershed Improvement District, Ag Central, 204 Hawley St., Lynden, 2 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 13
• Commissioners of Whatcom County Public Utility District #1, 1705 Trigg Rd., Ferndale, 8 a.m.
• Whatcom County Council surface water work session, Civic Center Garden Room, 322 N. Commercial St., Bellingham, 10:30 a.m.
• Commissioners of Whatcom County Housing Authority, administration building, 208 Unity St., Bellingham, 1 p.m.
• Directors of Sumas Watershed Improvement District, AWB offices, 204 Hawley St., Lynden, 11:30 a.m.
• Directors of South Lynden Watershed Improvement District, AWB offices, 204 Hawley St., Lynden, 3 p.m.
• Commissioners of Fire District 14, Kendall Fire Station #92, 7528 Kendall Rd., 5 p.m.
• Sumas City Council, City Hall, 433 Cherry St., 7 p.m. (day later than normal due to the Veterans Day holiday) A hearing will be on changing code to make off-street parking requirements applicable to multi-family dwellings.
• Everson City Council, Everson City Hall, 111 W. Main St., 7 p.m.