All meetings of the Whatcom County Watershed Improvement District boards are canceed until September.
Wednesday, Aug. 22
• Lynden City Council Community Development Committee, second-floor conference room, Lynden City Hall, 300 Fourth St., 4 p.m.
• Commissioners of Lynden Regional Parks & Recreation District, southeast conference room of City Hall Annex, 205 Fourth St., 7 p.m. (change of date from normal)
Thursday, Aug. 23
• Lynden/Everson Subzone Advisory Committee of the Whatcom County Flood Control Zone District, Northwood Fire Hall, corner of Northwood and Badger roads, 10 a.m. On the agenda are: 2019 budget, the Abbott Road Levee protection project, and an update on the 2019-20 ACEO Lynden Levee project. Details: Travis, 360-778-6293.
• Commissioners of Birch Bay Water & Sewer District, district offices, 7096 Point Whitehorn Rd., Blaine, 4:30 p.m.
• Mount Baker School Board, district offices, 4956 Deming Rd., Deming, 6 p.m.
• Lynden Planning Commission, City Hall Annex, 205 Fourth St., 7:30 p.m. This will be a work session on Pepin Creek Sub-Area design standards.
Monday, Aug. 27
• Sumas City Council, City Hall, 433 Cherry St., 7 p.m.)
Tuesday, Aug. 28
• Commissioners of Whatcom County Public Utility District #1, 1705 Trigg Rd., Ferndale, 8 a.m.
• Everson City Council, Everson City Hall, 111 W. Main St., 7 p.m.
• Lynden Historic Preservation Commission, Jansen Art Center, 321 Front St., 7 p.m. There will be a presentation of the Lynden historical resources survey done by Northwest Vernacular Inc. of Port Orchard.