Don Kooy was born on Dec. 23, 1929, in Nobleford, Alberta, Canada, to John and Katie Kooy. He immigrated with his parents and brother Harold to the United States in 1946 and became an American citizen. He graduated from Lynden High School and attended Bellingham Business College. He was employed at Sears Roebuck Co. for 27 years. He was also self-employed with his wife, Bernice, in the RV and manufactured-home business. Upon retirement Don and Bernice and another couple formed Tulip Tours and enjoyed many new friends and seeing the world. He is a member of Third Christian Reformed Church of Lynden and Gideons International. Don and Bernice have been married 67 years. They have four children and four grandchildren. "We praise the Lord for 90 years he has given us."
- Flood of calls to healthcare providers — please do not phone in!
- PeaceHealth: Do not phone in about getting a vaccine
- KWPZ’s Jim Bouma passes unexpectedly
- WIAA sets start dates for spring and winter sports
- A Syre family art exhibition
- Second round of PPP begins
- Whatcom Reads theme programs kicking off
- Two candidates for Conservation District board positions named