Bob and Edna (Vander Meulen) Vander Hoek are celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. They were married on May 8, 1970, in Third Christian Reformed Church of Lynden. Bob is retired from more than 40 years with Scholten Roofing (if you ever take a Sunday drive with him, he will often point out “we put the roof on that"). Edna is retired from 44 years of her at-home childcare. We lost count of how many children she cared for — we are sure each of “her” kids still remembers not to ride their bike past the second tree. We will celebrate their golden anniversary later this summer when we can all be together again. Bob and Edna give credit for their marriage to faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. They are the parents of four beautiful children: Dean (Jen), Wendi (Jack), Barb, and Laura (Travis), all of Lynden; and proud grandparents of Dillon, Jack Jr., Kendra, Olivia, Cash, Kingston, Isaac, Aria and TJ. We love them dearly.
- ‘Micro-grant’ help coming to businesses and nonprofits
- Edaleen sales down 65% at border stores
- Nugents Corner Market & Hardware opens
- Cedar Drive proposal set for Aug. 26-27 hearing, maybe
- Pump track built and open at Bender Fields
- YMCA pulls out of Lynden
- A 10-day fair?
- LC grad Hernandez resets for second year at San Diego State