Herm and Jackie (Orange) Oordt of Mount Vernon are celebrating their 70th wedding anniversary. They were married in Lynden on June 23, 1949. Family and friends are invited to an open house celebration from 1:30 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, June 29, at the Heather Village Senior Residence Community Center in Mount Vernon. Their family includes children Ellen and Jerry, Colleen, Ken and Joan, and Gary and Lisa, four grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. The Oordts thank God for His many covenant blessings throughout their 70 years of marriage.
- Vintage trailers to be open for viewing Sept. 7
- From the Archives - Week of July 17, 2019
- Bible given to Sumas museum links to a Mississippi governor
- Lynden Watch provides extra eyes for community
- More teams than ever for basketball
- Meet the winners — and try their recipes
- Forum of City Council candidates next Wednesday