Gerrit and Marie (Ooms) Van Andel of Lynden are celebrating their 75th wedding anniversary. They were married on Christmas Day, Dec. 25, 1943, at the Christian Reformed Servicemen's Home in San Diego, California. Their children, all residing in Washington state, are Linda and Dale Gilmore of Bellingham; Connie and Leroy Hockema of Camano Island; Janice and Dean Butler of Lynden; and Judy and Mike Weiford of Mountlake Terrace. They have 10 grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren. The couple attributes their lasting marriage to having God as the head of their home.
- Vintage trailers to be open for viewing Sept. 7
- From the Archives - Week of July 17, 2019
- Bible given to Sumas museum links to a Mississippi governor
- Lynden Watch provides extra eyes for community
- More teams than ever for basketball
- Meet the winners — and try their recipes
- Forum of City Council candidates next Wednesday