Edwin and Rose (Goodacre) Mork of Lynden are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary. They were married on July 2, 1960, in the Lutheran church of Campbellsport, Wisconsin, both having been raised on farms there. Edwin is a retired from being a locomotive mechanic and electrician. Rose was a homemaker. They have five children (one safely in the arms of Jesus), 11 grandchildren, 22 great-grandchildren and two great-great-grandchildren. They attribute their lasting marriage, first and foremost, to the relationship they share with their heavenly Father, praying and reading the Bible together daily, love and commitment, honesty and trust, patience and forgiveness. They attend Crosspoint church in Lynden.
- ‘Micro-grant’ help coming to businesses and nonprofits
- Cedar Drive proposal set for Aug. 26-27 hearing, maybe
- Edaleen sales down 65% at border stores
- Nugents Corner Market & Hardware opens
- Pump track built and open at Bender Fields
- YMCA pulls out of Lynden
- A 10-day fair?
- LC grad Hernandez resets for second year at San Diego State