Bob and Dorothy (Friesen) Bronkema of Lynden are celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary. They were married on Oct. 1, 1955, in Sumas Advent Christian Church. Dorothy was a cook at Sumas Elementary School and Bob is retired from Darigold. Their children are Terry (Kathy) Bronkema of Everson, Glenice (Willie) Richardson of Bellingham, Pam (Joe) Szili of Custer, Lyle (Tami) Bronkema of Everson and Daphne Bronkema of Selah. The Bronkemas also have 11 grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
- WIAA sets start dates for spring and winter sports
- A Syre family art exhibition
- Second round of PPP begins
- Two candidates for Conservation District board positions named
- Whatcom Reads theme programs kicking off
- Marshall Judy is Nooksack’s acting mayor
- Council OKs a short-term rental permit
- 18-year-old and his ‘pandemic quilt’ travel U.S.