LYNDEN — And another Lynden tradition is affected.
The Kids’ Fishing Derby that was set for June 13 is now postponed in hope of having it in the fall instead, said Jeff Price, chair of the committee for the sponsoring Camels Club of Lynden.
This event has been a staple for generations on a Saturday in June, letting kids have perhaps their first fishing experience, in Fishtrap Creek at City Park.
The state Department of Fish & Wildlife is not stocking Fishtrap with young fish as usual either, Price said.
- Trump pushes for churches to reopen
- Homeschooling ZLO also pivots with the times
- City preps for at least a $410,000 budget hole
- All the names you will face on Aug. 4 ballot
- Pilot project will test WTA on-demand van service in Lynden
- Cancellations and postponements
- Second novel of Ashley Sweeney is now in print
- Peoples helps 1,600 businesses get PPP loans